The world of writing is so vast that it could take an entire website to cover all the known resources. Here is a small selection of Nicki's favorites. Many of these resources are available at your local library, so you can check them out for free!
It's worth mentioning right up top that you should get the best, most information-packed thesaurus and dictionary you can find. There are many apps for your handheld which will fit the purpose.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Getting Your Romance Published - Julie Beard
- The Dreaded Synopsis - Elizabeth Sinclair
- The Elements of Style - William Strunk Jr. et al
- The First Five Pages - Noah Lukeman
- Formatting & Submitting Your Manuscript - Cynthia Laufenberg
- GMC: Goal, Motivation, & Conflict - Debra Dixon
- The Little, Brown Compact Handbook - Jane Aaron
- Romance Writers Report (magazine, published monthly by RWA for members)
- Save The Cat! - Blake Snyder
- The Street-Smart Writer: Self-Defense Against Sharks and Scams in the Writing World - Jenna Glatzer and Daniel Steven
- The Writer's Journey - Christopher Vogler
- Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies - Leslie Wainger